- Roll Call, a Washington, DC political newspaper, reported Thursday that Donald Trump has picked Pence as his vice-presidential nominee
- Campaign officials would not confirm the report; chairman said decision was still to be 'made in the near future'
- Formal announcement will be made Friday morning in New York City, followed by Fox News appearance and joint interview with '60 Minutes'
- Indianapolis newspaper confirmed Pence has dropped his bid for re-election as governor, while other reports have Trump insiders telling the Republican national Committee that the deal is done
- Pence brings conservative Christian credentials that could alienate centrists and Democratic crossover voters, but may give right-wingers less reason to oppose Trump
PUBLISHED: 11:30 EST, 14 July 2016 | UPDATED: 13:50 EST, 14 July 2016