Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Significant Day in the History of the United States

Greetings from Mobile Generated News™ MoGN!

My first several blogs have talked about the next generation Mobile Generated News App, released earlier this month.  Given the significant News Event of today, this is a good time to take this blog in the direction of what it is intended to be, a daily commentary on the News, the News business and the changing ways people get their News.  From time to time we’ll talk about the latest technology, the day’s events and a myriad of related subjects.  I look forward to your comments and questions.  –Jeff Wald, Executive Director, Mobile Generated News, Los Angeles.


Today marks the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, on August 28, 1963.  Many of you weren't around then or were very young when this event took place.  I was very young at the time but what I do remember was watching a very eloquent Dr. Martin Luther King talking about equality.  Every Network interrupted programming to broadcast this event.  What Dr. King had to say seemed reasonable to me and I didn't understand discrimination.  After all, our Pledge of Allegiance ends with “Liberty and Justice for All.”  I grew up in Los Angeles and, in my little world; I was brought up to respect everyone, no matter what they looked like.  What is astounding to me today is that, although we have made progress, prejudice continues to be a serious issue and part of American life.  Let’s all take a moment today to reflect on the words and actions of Dr. Martin Luther King and remind ourselves to respect each other regardless of race, creed, color, religious beliefs, or political views.

Don’t forget to download the Mobile Generated News™ App from the Apple App store.  Just search for Mobile Generated News.  An updated version is available today.


Remember, if it is newsworthy, we will post it nationwide and you will see it on the MoGN “Newsfeed” distributed to Broadcast stations, Newspapers, Web Sites and news organizations across the United States and soon around the World.  Mobile Generated News™ MoGN, Mobile News…Global Views.   

No comments:

Post a Comment