Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11/2001: A Day We Must Never Forget

Greetings from MobileGenerated News®  MoGN!
It has been 12-years since the first terrorist attacks on American soil.  2,996 people lost their lives that day.  A very sad day for all Americans.  It is hard to quantify all that has changed since then but we lost a great deal of our freedom that we once enjoyed and perhaps, took for granted until the tragic events of that day.
I will never forget because I was the News Director at KTLA, a legendary TV station in Los Angeles with a reputation for solid news coverage.  I got a call at home, as I was getting ready for work from our morning news Executive Producer, RichGoldner.  He asked me if I was watching the program.  I said yes and we both thought that some crazy person crashed his private plane into the World TradeCenter.  It was just so surreal that even as experienced and skeptical news people we couldnt fathom anything more than that at that moment.  As we talked, the 2nd plane hit.  We then knew this was a story that was much larger and significant than we could ever imagine.  We mobilized our news team and we were on the air LIVE for two straight days.

Today, lets remember where we all were when this tragedy happened and how it changed all of us.  Lets bring to mind our thoughts and prayers for all of the innocent victims and their families and lets resolve to never forget them.

What are you thinking about on this 12th anniversary of 9/11?
I look forward to your comments.   

Jeff Wald, Executive Director, Mobile Generated News®, Los Angeles.
Get connected your to local news organizations and contribute original news material by downloading the Mobile Generated News® App from the Apple App store.  Just search for Mobile Generated News. 

Remember, if it is newsworthy, we will post it nationwide and you will see it on the MoGN Newsfeed distributed to Broadcast stations, Newspapers, Web Sites and news organizations across the United States and soon around the World.  Mobile Generated News® MoGN, Mobile NewsGlobal Views.   

No comments:

Post a Comment