Alright I admit it.
I’m an ABBA fan, so when my
wife, Gabrielle, asked me if I wanted to go to the Hollywood Bowl last weekend
for an Abba Fest with two of our close friends, I said, sure!
I really didn’t know what to expect. After all, the original group was formed in
1973 and stopped performing in December of 1982. To my surprise and amazement there were
nearly 18,000 other Abba fans filling the Hollywood Bowl to capacity.
Around 7:00 PM the pre-show began with a competition “Sing Off” with 3 a cappella groups formed at Los
Angeles area Universities, UCLA, USC and Chapman. They all sang Abba songs with no musical
accompaniment. Suddenly I realized that
the next generation had discovered and accepted ABBA. I was feeling better about my confession that
I am an Abba fan.
After the pre-show ─ UCLA Won by the way ─ A large group of young
musicians appeared on the stage, with two attractive female singers, that
looked remarkably like the original band members all dressed in 70-‘s attire. When they began to sing, I thought I was in a
time warp. They sounded just like the
real ABBA. They had us all singing and
dancing in the aisles for almost 2-hours.
How many other tribute bands could fill the Hollywood Bowl
and entertain the audience just like the original?
What do
you think?
Do you know any other tribute bands that could sell out the Hollywood Bowl or similar large venue and give such a satisfying performance?
I look forward to your comments.
Do you know any other tribute bands that could sell out the Hollywood Bowl or similar large venue and give such a satisfying performance?
I look forward to your comments.
─Jeff Wald, Executive Director,
Mobile Generated News, Los Angeles.
Get
connected your to local news organizations and contribute original news
material by downloading the Mobile Generated News®
App from the Apple App store. Just
search for Mobile Generated News.
Remember,
if it is newsworthy, we will post it nationwide and you will see it on the MoGN
“Newsfeed” distributed to Broadcast stations, Newspapers, Web Sites
and news organizations across the United States and soon around the World.
Mobile Generated News® MoGN, Mobile
News…Global Views.

No comments:
Post a Comment