Tribune Co. still wants to buy OC Register
OC Register via Editor and Publisher
March 2, 2016 Jonathan Lasner
The owner of the Los Angeles Times, following a recent management
shakeup, will still bid for the Register and The Press-Enterprise,
Tribune Publishing’s new chief executive said Wednesday.
CEO
Justin Dearborn told analysts on a conference call that the company
still is actively working on a bid for the assets of Freedom
Communications, which filed for bankruptcy protection in November.
Freedom’s two newspapers and related assets will be sold in a
court-supervised auction this month. But Dearborn noted that “there is a
price where we would walk away” from the Freedom bidding.
Dearborn,
a former health care industry executive, became Tribune CEO last week,
replacing Jack Griffin, who was ousted in a boardroom coup orchestrated
by Chicago investor Michael Ferro
Showing posts with label CEO. Show all posts
Showing posts with label CEO. Show all posts
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Friday, September 5, 2014
Just Days Before Apple’s Big Event, CEO Tim Cook Talks iCloud Security
Greetings from Mobile Generated News® MoGN!

Next Tuesday, September 9, 2014, is expected to be the most significant Apple event of the Tim Cook era at Apple.
In a rare interview about iCloud security, the Apple CEO addressed concerns following the celebrity nude photo leak of last weekend. According to the Wall Street Journal, Tim Cook said the company will increase security on iCloud. He repeated the statement released earlier this week that the attacks were targeted toward specific individuals. The hackers were able to use various methods to guess those specific passwords. It was not a widespread hack of iCloud.
As a response to the attacks, Apple plans to have new security updates to its iCloud and iTunes login system within two weeks. The updates will notify users directly on their devices whenever someone tries to access their account from a new, unregistered device or tries to change a password. Currently, users were only sent an email.
Additionally, Apple will make improvements to its 2-step authentication security system that requires users to input a second code sent to another registered device in order to access an iTunes account. The 2-step authentication will apply to iCloud when Apple releases iOS 8, its new mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads, in a few weeks.
As we have said here in this blog before, users of wireless technology need to think before they share sensitive material to the Internet or cloud based service. Given the celebrity photo incident and the reports of Home Depot, Morgan Stanley, Target and other company’s credit card security breaches of late, we all must take action!
Check out our Mobile Generated News® blog from this past Wednesday, September 3, 2014 and follow the three easy steps to stronger password protection.
At Mobile Generated News®, we want news consumers to contribute their opinions or news stories and be able to interact with local media for free. We believe that contributing to the news cycle is essential to our democracy. Most often, viewers do not get to control what they see on the news. Now, the MoGN App enables news enthusiasts to have a say in the content they see on their televisions, web sites and newspapers. We are trying to enhance the human experience when it comes to news.
Download the Mobile Generated News App and become a Citizen Journalist! If you are out and about and see news, weather or sports happening send in your Breaking News. If you have a story or opinion that’s worth sharing, record it and send it in as well!
Search for Mobile Generated News in the Apple App Store. And, you will see all of our related affiliate Apps. The Univision-Mobile Generated News Apps were just released. In addition, you will find the Mobile Generated News App for Nationwide coverage; Entravision-Mobile Generated News App and Serestar-Mobile Generated News App.
All of the MoGN Apps are currently available in English and Spanish.
And, stay tuned for new affiliates joining the Mobile Generated News® Network team.
Start contributing today!
Remember, if it is newsworthy, we will post it nationwide and you will see it on the MoGN "Newsfeed" distributed to Broadcast Stations, Newspapers, Web Sites and news organizations across the United States and soon around the World.
Mobile Generated News®. Empowering the NEXT generation.
─Jeff Wald, Mobile Generated News®, Los Angeles

Next Tuesday, September 9, 2014, is expected to be the most significant Apple event of the Tim Cook era at Apple.
In a rare interview about iCloud security, the Apple CEO addressed concerns following the celebrity nude photo leak of last weekend. According to the Wall Street Journal, Tim Cook said the company will increase security on iCloud. He repeated the statement released earlier this week that the attacks were targeted toward specific individuals. The hackers were able to use various methods to guess those specific passwords. It was not a widespread hack of iCloud.
As a response to the attacks, Apple plans to have new security updates to its iCloud and iTunes login system within two weeks. The updates will notify users directly on their devices whenever someone tries to access their account from a new, unregistered device or tries to change a password. Currently, users were only sent an email.
Additionally, Apple will make improvements to its 2-step authentication security system that requires users to input a second code sent to another registered device in order to access an iTunes account. The 2-step authentication will apply to iCloud when Apple releases iOS 8, its new mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads, in a few weeks.
As we have said here in this blog before, users of wireless technology need to think before they share sensitive material to the Internet or cloud based service. Given the celebrity photo incident and the reports of Home Depot, Morgan Stanley, Target and other company’s credit card security breaches of late, we all must take action!
Check out our Mobile Generated News® blog from this past Wednesday, September 3, 2014 and follow the three easy steps to stronger password protection.
At Mobile Generated News®, we want news consumers to contribute their opinions or news stories and be able to interact with local media for free. We believe that contributing to the news cycle is essential to our democracy. Most often, viewers do not get to control what they see on the news. Now, the MoGN App enables news enthusiasts to have a say in the content they see on their televisions, web sites and newspapers. We are trying to enhance the human experience when it comes to news.
Download the Mobile Generated News App and become a Citizen Journalist! If you are out and about and see news, weather or sports happening send in your Breaking News. If you have a story or opinion that’s worth sharing, record it and send it in as well!
Search for Mobile Generated News in the Apple App Store. And, you will see all of our related affiliate Apps. The Univision-Mobile Generated News Apps were just released. In addition, you will find the Mobile Generated News App for Nationwide coverage; Entravision-Mobile Generated News App and Serestar-Mobile Generated News App.
All of the MoGN Apps are currently available in English and Spanish.
And, stay tuned for new affiliates joining the Mobile Generated News® Network team.
Start contributing today!
Remember, if it is newsworthy, we will post it nationwide and you will see it on the MoGN "Newsfeed" distributed to Broadcast Stations, Newspapers, Web Sites and news organizations across the United States and soon around the World.
Mobile Generated News®. Empowering the NEXT generation.
─Jeff Wald, Mobile Generated News®, Los Angeles
Labels:
apple,
celebrities,
CEO,
hackers,
iCloud,
iOS 8,
ipads,
iPhones,
nude photos,
security,
Tim Cook
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)